TANA FOUNDATION'S GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS(2016-2017)
TANA Foundation of USA is pleased to announce seven $2000/- (two thousand dollars) Graduate Scholarships for Telugu students who are currently residing in Andhra Pradesh ONLY to pursue higher education in the USA in 2017-2018 academic year. Each scholarship recipient will receive $500 each semester upon submission of the Grades received in the previous semester and a request from the recipient to TANA Foundation stating that he/she has completed the course work successfully in the previous semester.
2014-2015 Scholarship Recipients
|Name of the Student
|Kapa Rohith, Mutluru,
RVR&JC College of Engineering, Guntur (District)
|University of Connecticut
Business Analytics & Project Management
|Padmavathy & Ravindranath Guthikonda, Edison, N.J
|Rajitha Bandari, Center for Social service, Hyderabad
Siddhardha Institute of Eng.
|University of Central Missouri
|Swarajyalakshmi & Sudhir Babu Guthikonda, Fulton, N.Y
|Rajitha Bandari,Center for Social service, Hyderabad
Siddhardha Institute of Eng. Rangareddy[District]
|University of Bridgeport
|Swarajyalakshmi & Sudhir Babu Guthikonda. Fulton, N.Y &
Padmavathy & Ravindranath Guthikonda of Edison, N.J.
|Raavi Vineet, Hayath Nagar.
VITS, Pochampalli Rangareddy[District]
|Silicon Valley University
San Jose, CA
|Swarajyalakshmi & Sudhir Babu Guthikonda of Fulton, N.Y, & Padmavathy & Ravindranath Guthikonda of Edison, N.J
|Annapareddy Narasimha Reddy,Piduguralla, Guntur[District]
Baptla Engineering College, Bapatla
|University of Central Missouri,
|Swarajyalakshmi & Sudhir Babu Guthikonda of Fulton, N.Y & Padmavathy & Ravindranath Guthikonda of Edison, N.J
|Avala Vamsipriya, Tirupathi, Chittore (District)
Sri Vekateswara University, Tirupathi
|University of Central Missouri
|Satyavathy & YugandharaRao Vallabhaneni, Flemington, N.J
Gundu Tarun Kumar, Kothuru. Mahabub Nagar (District)
TKR College of Engineering Medbowli
|Cocordia University, Mequon,Wisconsin
| TANA Foundation
- Must have been admitted to a Graduate School in a US University in 2017-2018 academic year. Students already in the USA will not be eligible to apply.
- Must show need for financial aid. TANA Foundation will assess the need based also on the information received independently from sources other than that provided by the applicant.
- Each recipient must promise to support financially, through TANA Foundation, a new Telugu student from Andhra Pradesh within three years after arriving in the USA. Recipient must be willing to be in touch with TANA Foundation on half yearly basis until such promise is fulfilled.
THERE IS NO FORMAL APPLICATION.
e-Mail applications & scanned attachments of supporting documents may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30th 2017 by regular air mail or Express Mail only. Registered letters are not necessary and will only delay the applications.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS REQUIRED
- Name, Address with pin code and Phone number (if available) of applicant.
- Profession and annual Income of applicant. (Enclose all documents in support)
- Name, Address, and Phone number of Parents.
- Professions and annual incomes of parents. (Enclose all documents in support)
- Net worth of all assets (homes, cars, land, farms, business, savings, investments etc.) of applicant and parents together. (Enclose all documents in support)
- High School and College educational qualifications, GRE, TOEFL scores, and work experience of the applicant. (Enclose a copy of the transcripts)
- Name, Address and Phone number of the department and the University in the US where the applicant intends to enroll. (Enclose a copy of the letter of admission)
- Sources to finance your education including financial aid and loans. (Enclose copies of letters of financial aid, loan documents, bank statements and I-20 Form from the University where the applicant is enrolling)
- A letter of recommendation from one of your most recent lecturers, Professors etc. explaining your academic accomplishments and justifying financial need to receive TANA Foundation Scholarship. Emphasis on justification of financial need is essential.
- A signed applicant's statement that you promise to support, through TANA Foundation, a new Telugu student from Andhra Pradesh within three years, and that you promise to be in touch with TANA Foundation on half yearly basis until such promise is fulfilled.
- TANA Foundation's Scholarship check will be paid directly to the University where student is planning to enroll. Checks will not be issued in the name of the recipient.
TANA Foundation is pleased to announce these seven scholarships for the upcoming academic year sponsored by the above mentioned donors to provide more opportunities for higher education in the USA. Selection will be based on (a) need, (b) merit,grades, and recommendations, (c) scores in standardized tests like GRE, TOEFL, (d) reputation of the College/University in India from which the applicant is graduating , (e) reputation of the school in North America in which the applicant is planning to pursue higher education, (f) the field of study in which the applicant is planning higher education, (g) extra curricular activities the applicant is proficient in, and (i) only if the applicantis a Telugu student from Andhra Pradesh. Since the selection committee will consist of some non-Telugu professionals to avoid any bias in the selection process, it is essential that only truly meritorius and needy students are encouraged to apply so that the selection committee will not be inundated with too many applications to screen. It is also essential that all scholarship applications are received with all supporting documents on or before the last date. The applicant's "need" will be assessed based on the information received (a) from the applicant, and (b) from TANA Foundation's own sources in Andhra Pradesh.
If you feel that you meet the above eligibility and requirements, please send your required details with enclosures to Prasad Choudary Kakarala, 66 Harvest Lane, Tiffin, OH 44883, USA
) so as to reach before September 30, 2017.
2011-2012 Graduate Scholarship Recipients
|Nagadattu Koneru, Vijayawada
||Mr. & Mrs. Guthikonda Basavapunna Rao & Umadevi Endowment Sponsored By Mrs & Dr Sudhir Guthikonda
||University of Houston, Clear Lake, Texas
|Devaki Rani Sakhamuru, Hyderabad
||Mr. & Mrs. Ramabrahmam & Balamani Endowment Sponsored By Mrs & Dr Ravindranath Guthikonda
||University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
|Aswani Krishna Kilaru, Tiruvuru, Krishna Dist.
||Mr. & Mrs. Gadde Sitaramamma & Tirupatiah Endowment Sponsored By Mrs & Dr Sudhir Guthikonda
||Indiana University, Indiana
|Naveen Reddy, Vemulapalli, Nalgonda Dist
||TANA Foundation Endowment
||California State University, East Bay
|Akhil Naidu, Hyderabad
||Dr Kodali Veeraiah & Sarojini Endowment Sponsored by Mrs & Dr Ravindranath Guthikonda
||Central Michigan University, Michigan
|E.V.Viswanadh Choudary, Tenali, Guntur
||Mr. & Mrs. Vallabhaneni Sukundamma & Lakshmaiah Endowment Sponsored by Mrs & Mr Yugandhar Vallabhaneni
||Texas A&M University, Kindsville, Texas