INDIAN DANCE AND MUSIC COURSES
In affiliation with
SRI PADMAVATI MAHILA VISVAVIDYALAYAM
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India
(Accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade)
Advanced Diploma Courses in Dance (Kuchipudi/Bharatanatyam) and Music (Carnatic Vocal)
Academic Year 2020-2021 Admissions Now Open!
- Curriculum carefully designed keeping in mind the lifestyle and academic work load of US kids
- Academic credits from a reputed University in India
- Continue pursuing your passion with your own Guru
- Continuous support to gurus and students with learning material for theory and practical exams
Structured Learning to Enrich Your Inner Creativity and Passion for Dance and/or Music
TANA is pleased to announce that it has partnered with the renowned Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (SPMVV), Tirupati, AP, India to offer advanced diploma courses in Dance and Music.
SPMVV (University for Women) is a reputed University from India supported both by the UGC and the AP State Government. SPMVV was founded in the year 1983 by Sri N.T.Rama Rao, the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, with the fervent desire to train women students as better builders of the Nation and to inculcate skills of leadership in all aspects of life. The university is imparting education exclusively for the women in various disciplines for the realization of the founder's dream vision of facilitating and promoting the cause of women's education.
Below are the course details:
|COURSES:||DURATION: Total Duration: 4 years|
For Advanced Diploma - 48 credits (Theory) and 48 credits (Practicals/skill) with a maximum of 12 Credits (Theory) and 12 credits (Practicals/Skill) per year.
TEACHING / TRAINING HOURS:
Students are expected to have two hours of theory and two hours of practicals per week.
- After successful completion of one year of the Diploma Course i.e. after passing Level I, the student will be given a Diploma in Introductory Music (Vocal) or Dance (Kuchipudi and/or Bharatanatyam).
- After successful completion of two years of the Diploma Course i.e. after passing Level I & Il, the student will be given a Diploma in Music (Carnatic Vocal) or Dance (Kuchipudi and/or Bharatanatyam).
- After successful completion of the four years Advanced Diploma Course i.e. after passing Diploma Levels Ill and IV, the student will be given an Advanced Diploma in Music (Vocal or Instrumental) or Dance (Kuchipudi or Bharatanatyam).
In case a student leaves the course
Students who have left the course after level 1 and level 2 are free to enroll back into the next level as and when it is convenient to them. They will be awarded the respective certificates based on the level of completion of the course.
- Admissions are open to women candidates only.
- Classes for any of the courses could be taken by any student with any teacher as long as they follow the prescribed syllabus of SPMVV.
- Students should get a written approval from their teacher before enrolling in the course and email it to Kalasala@TANA.org.
- Minimum age at the time of admission should be 10 years. There is no upper age limit for the Music or Dance courses.
- Admission Fee is $350/ for each course and level which includes $300 for admission/course material and $50 for exam.
- After Teacher’s approval, students can enroll online through the registration link on this page within the due date. TANA will maintain all the details, coordinate with the SPMVV Department of Music and Dance and with Examination section for the conduct of the examinations.
- Examinations will be conducted at the end of each year by TANA while the SPMVV faculty will facilitate the process by setting the question papers for each level.
- The list of examiners will be selected based on their qualification by Board of Studies of Music and Dance of SPMVV.
- The faculty of SPMVV will conduct the final exams including the practical examinations at the end of the fourth year.
- The minimum percentage of marks to pass a course is 45% (D Grade)
- Candidates who secure 70% or more marks in aggregate will be declared as passing with “Distinction” (O grade)
- academic year 2020-2021
- Registration deadline Jan. 15th 2021
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions about the program. We look forward to working with you.
Dr. Rajesh Adusumilli