Telugu Association of North America (TANA)
Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam
Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India
We are pleased to announce that TANA, the oldest and biggest non-profit organization, has partnered with well reputed Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam (SPMVV), Tirupati, AP, India to offer advanced diplomas with majors in Music (Vocal / or Instrumental) and Dance (Kuchipudi / or Bharatanatyam).
- Starting from October 2016, students (only female) can enroll in Level 1 and Level 2 Music Courses.
Here are more details:
Academic Programs: (MUSIC)
- Level 1 – Diploma in Introductory Music
- Level 2 – Diploma in Music
- Level 3 – Diploma in Music
- Level 4 – Advanced Diploma in Music
- Credits: SPMVV offers 12 credits per Level.
Note: We acknowledge that diplomas received by students from SPMVV will be regarded as an extra academic activity. This may enhance Students chances to get into top rated US Universities. Some US Universities may recognize these SPMVV Credits. So, we suggest students to check with their respective Universities when they apply for admission.
- Training: Students can learn music from any music teacher from anywhere in North America.
- Eligibility: Female Students only. Minimum age to enroll in SPMVV courses is 10 years and there is no upper age limit.
- Fees: Total $300 / Level including Examination Fees
- Examination: The skills of students at the end of the Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 will be determined by TANA National Music Coordinator and SPMVV officials through Online / Skype.
- Final Examination: For Advanced Diploma (Level 4) - The SPMVV Officials will personally visit USA to review and qualify students’ skills in Theory and Practical to award Advanced Diplomas to eligible graduate students in a formal Convocation.
- Qualify: Attaining 45% marks is minimum to “Pass” the course and 70% is considered as passing with “Distinction”.
- How to apply? : Please click this link for Enrollment Form and complete the process as specified.
For more information – Please visit www.tana.org or contact: